Accessibility Statement for the Digital Repository of Ireland website
This is an accessibility statement from the Digital Repository of Ireland website dri.ie.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Digital Repository of Ireland is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Digital Repository of Ireland. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Digital Repository of Ireland:
- Phone: +353 1 6090600
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @dri_ireland
We try to respond to feedback within 1 to 2 business days.
Accessibility of Digital Repository of Ireland relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Digital Repository of Ireland , there may be some limitations. We have generated a report using accessibility checkers that describes the technical conformance of the Digital Repository Ireland website with W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 guidelines. We have set tasks to address any issues that were identified in the report. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Digital Repository of Ireland:
- Alt text: Not all upload images have alt text. We are updating missing alt text. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
- Table headers: Some row and column headers in tables are not marked up appropriately. Our developers are working with us to ensure that tables are marked up with appropriate TH elements for headings. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
- iframe and frame elements: Some iframe and frame elements are missing a title attribute. We are working to ensure that each iframe is given a title via the CMS. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
- Link text: We have identified instances where the link text lacks contextual information. We are addressing this issue by writing link text that describes the content of the link target. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
Digital Repository of Ireland assessed the accessibility of Digital Repository of Ireland by the following approaches:
This website was developed to conform to WCAG 2.1 Level AA Guidelines, which includes all Priority 1 and Priority 2 checkpoints. During the development process, the developers made use of WAI-ARIA (Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications), which is a technical specification published by W3C, that specifies how to increase the accessibility of web pages. At various stages during the development process, the website was tested using a variety of accessibility checkers, listed below:
- SortSite – web site testing application
- WAVE Accessibility Checker – wave.webaim.org – browser extension
- SiteImprove – browser extension
- Google Lighthouse – browser extension
This statement was created on 24 April 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.