We are happy to share the news that the report from the 3D content in Europeana task force has been published and is available for download. The task force includes DRI Software Engineer, Dr Kathryn Cassidy.
The report has 5 main sections:
- An overview of considerations when accessing and sharing 3D content summarising the range of types, the audiences, technology requirements and challenges, and the different ways of providing access
- A review of how 3D cultural heritage content is being implemented in the Europeana network, the content currently labelled as 3D in Europeana Collections and the results of a Sketchfab survey of its cultural heritage users
- An analysis of Metadata for 3D content
- A set of recommendations for the Europeana Publishing Framework, and;
- A call for action(s) to help improved standardization, description, content labelling, accessibility and interoperability, and for collaborations on future work