Qualifications: BMus (Hons), GradDip Information Management, PhD Music
Research Interests: Open research, scholarly communication, research data management, FAIR data, digital musicology
Contact: email@example.com / http://danielbangert.com
Dr Daniel Bangert is Ireland’s National Open Research Coordinator. In this role he works with the National Open Research Forum (NORF) to coordinate and support the implementation of Ireland’s National Action Plan for Open Research 2022-2030.
Daniel has a background in supporting open research in the context of European projects and academic libraries. He has worked in Germany and Australia as a librarian and researcher, and has a strong interest in community-building to facilitate open research.
Prior to his appointment at the Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI), he was a scientific manager at the Göttingen State and University Library, University of Göttingen, contributing to European projects related to open science and research data, including the Research Data Alliance (RDA) Europe and FAIRsFAIR. Previously he worked at UNSW Sydney supporting institutional open access and research data services in roles covering data librarianship, repository services and scholarly communications.
Daniel holds a PhD in music from UNSW Sydney, as well as qualifications in information management and music performance. His research interests include open science, research data management and digital humanities.
Daniel is a Board Member of the Council for National Open Science Coordination (CoNOSC) and serves on several expert and advisory groups related to open science.
- Ireland’s representative and Board Member, Council for National Open Science Coordination (2022-)
- Ireland’s NPR, Informal Commission Expert Group on National Points of Reference on Scientific Information (2023-)
- European Open Science Cloud Task Force, Research careers, recognition and credit (2021-)
- Co-Chair, Research Data Alliance National PID Strategies Working Group (2021-)
- National Open Research Forum (NORF) Coordinator and Steering Group (2020-)
- Editorial Board, Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication (2019-2022)
Committees and Other Activities:
- Programme Committee, Music Encoding Conference 2021 & 2022
- Programme Committee, Digital Libraries for Musicology 2018
- Research Data Alliance Europe Executive Board and RDA Secretariat 2018-2020
- National Secretary, Musicological Society of Australia 2015-2018