The Irish Society of Archives and An Post are hosting a seminar exploring little-known archival sources relating to the history of the 1916 rebellion. The event will consist of five short illustrated talks by archival curators, each focusing on a different local archive and the unique perspective it gives to the story of 1916. The talks will be chaired by Patsy McGarry, Religious Affairs Correspondent of the Irish Times, and the five speakers are as follows:
- Colum O'Riordan, General Manager, Irish Architectural Archive
- Ellen Murphy, Senior Archivist, Dublin City Library and Archive
- Grainne Doran, Wexford County Archivist
- Padraig Allen, Archivist, St John Ambulance Ireland
- Stephen Ferguson, Assistant Secretary, An Post
The event begins at 6pm with refreshments and the talks begin at 6.45. It is a free public event and all are welcome.
For more information phone 01 492 3979