Christophe DebruyneDRI-INSIGHT Linked Data Specialist
Digital Repository of Ireland, Royal Irish Academy; INSIGHT @ NUI Galway
Linked Data SpecialistResearch Interests Knowledge Management, Collaborative Ontology Engineering, Linked Data and the Semantic Web Contact
Christophe is currently a Linked Data ‘specialist’, funded by both INSIGHT @ NUI Galway and the Digital Repository of Ireland at the Royal Irish Academy. His interests include Semantic Web, Collaborative Ontology Engineering, and the application of ontologies in (applied) computer science in general.
In 2013, Christophe obtained a PhD in computer science with a dissertation entitled "Grounding Ontologies with Social Processes and Natural Language". In his thesis, he investigated the role of the exchange of natural language definitions of concepts (called glosses) in the social interactions that take place when a community of stakeholders is collaboratively constructing ontologies. Before that, he obtained a BSc in Applied Computer Science at Hogeschool Gent (University College Gent) in 2005, a BSc in Computer Science and a Msc in Applied Sciences and Engineering: Computer Science at the VUB in 2007 and 2009 respectively.
- C. Debruyne and P. De Leenheer. Using a Method and Tool for Hybrid Ontology Engineering: an Evaluation in the Flemish Research Information Space. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 9(2):48-63, 2014.
- O. Beyan, C. Breathnach, S. Collins, C. Debruyne, S. Decker, D. Grant, R. Grant, and B. Gurrin. Towards Linked Vital Registration Data for Reconstituting Families and Creating Longitudinal Health Histories. In Knowledge Representation for Health Care KR4HC 2014. Organized under the "Vienna Summer of Logic 2014" multi-conference, 2014.
- C. Debruyne, T-K Tran, and R. Meersman. Grounding Ontologies with Social Processes and Natural Language. Journal on Data Semantics, 2(2-3):89-118, 2013.
- C. Debruyne and R. Meersman. GOSPL: A Method and Tool for Fact-Oriented Hybrid Ontology Engineering. In T. Morzy, T. Härder, and R. Wrembel, editors, ADBIS, volume 7503 of LNCS, pages 153-166. Springer, 2012.
- Christophe Debruyne, Pieter De Leenheer: Business Semantics as an Interface between Enterprise Information Management and the Web of Data: A Case Study in the Flemish Public Administration. eBISS 2012: 208-233
- C. Debruyne, P. De Leenheer, G. van Grootel, P. Spyns, and S. Christiaens. Publishing Open Data and Services for the Flemish Research Information Space. In O. De Troyer, C. B. Medeiros, R. Billen, P. Hallot, A. Simitsis, and H. Van Mingroot, editors, ER Workshops, volume 6999 of LNCS, pages 389-394. Springer, 2011.
- Christophe Debruyne, Pieter De Leenheer, Peter Spyns, Geert Van Grootel, Stijn Christiaens: Publishing Open Data and Services for the Flemish Research Information Space. ER Workshops 2011: 389-394
- Christophe Debruyne, Pieter De Leenheer, Robert Meersman: A Method and Tool for Fact Type Reuse in the DOGMA Ontology Framework. OTM Conferences (2) 2009: 1147-1164