After two days of excellent presentations from archives across the world, the Archiving Tomorrow 2016 conference wrapped up at the Royal Irish Academy with a discussion of how to move forward.
- There should be coordination on a national preservation policy (as well as directives from the EU).
- Project funding - digitisation and new productions - should always include a percentage towards the longer term preservation and access to that project
- Digitisation of public cultural heritage should be exempt from VAT.
- Ongoing advocacy is very important because until something is lost forever, the threat of that loss is not always apparent.
- Collaboration between instutions and across national boundaries are necessary for moving forward.
A report will be created following the event